Here are some pointers to note:
1. The most important thing is to try to make sure that your food is well balanced. Try to include all the essential nutrients and plan your meals well.
2. Look for healthy choices when shopping, and remember to clean and store them well.
3. Cut down on the canned foods. They are not as healthy as the fresh ones. Why not try to find the whole foods? Really, it's more nutritious. And the most important part to note is that these foods are being preserved with salts. Do you check the pack of your packaged peas for instance to see the amount of preservatives stuffed up in them? Sodium!!! You won't believe how much salt that little can of peas has. And to think that you'll put them in your pot and throw in more salt. Scary!!!
3. Cut down on processed meat - The salamis, the bacons, the hot dogs...etc
4. Avoid canned juices - When you just see a pack of fruit juice on the counter, just take your mind to sugar, additives and preservatives. No, it is not just orange juice like it claims, what they are selling is a brand of orange juice, so it can never be like pure orange juice even if it says 100% pure orange juice. To get orange juice at its pure state, you should try juicing it yourself. That way, you'll be sure that it is 100% pure. Once it is in a pack, be wary of it's pureness. of course, I'm talking about all your favourite fruit juices, I just love orange a lot :)
5. Avoid added sugars - Try to cut down on them. If you keep throwing them into your food and eating too much of it, you might as well just go out and eat the junk they sell out there because your home made food is just as unhealthy. I think I've mentioned before that they are just empty calories. Added sugars give you calories without adding any nutritional benefits to your body. It is a big waste.
Enjoy the rest of your week