Monday, 6 January 2014
Inspiring you! 5 tips that will help you attain your goals this year
I know as we flipped the calendars to a new year, a lot of people have also flipped their 'to do lists' outlining things they intend to achieve this year. I decided to bring you a few tips on how to make it work.
1. Be specific: It starts with outlining your goals. Do not leave them in your head. Take the time out to define them and write them out. Keeping a visual representation of it somewhere where you can easily see them helps to keep you focused.
2. Be realistic: It is great to think big but ensure to set goals that are attainable. Do not try to out do yourself or you will end up stressing yourself and wanting to give everything up.
3. Be focused: Avoid distractions. There is nothing greater than your will. If you say no, nothing can stand in the way. All you need is to tell yourself what you really want.
4. Be consistent: Your goals will change throughout the year, that is for sure. But make sure that they follow a certain pattern where they do not completely deviate from each other, hence it is important to sit down and think things through otherwise you'll see yourself using the early parts of the year to build something and somewhere along the line you realize that it is exactly the opposite of what you want and you spend the other half trying to destroy what you worked so hard to build.
5. Evaluate them: I would strongly suggest that you finds way to make short term goals within your long term ones. It could be weekly evaluations, monthly... But you definitely need something to help you monitor your progress. For instance let's say you want to lose 50kg at the end of 2014, break down into weeks/months otherwise you will find yourself at the dawn of the 30th of December with unfulfilled dreams.
I hope y'all have a fulfilled year, this year
Get a front row access to freebies, information, tips and so much more. Subscribe to receive email updates.
Hope you enjoyed the ride?
Leave me a feedback ;
it's always good to hear from you.
Did you miss any post?
Don't forget to do a quick search
Dear JB My boyfriend's birthday is coming up this summer and he is planning a pool party. According to his plan, the girls will b...
Hey lovelies Hope you're all having a nice and relaxing Sunday evening? Sad to say 2014 took the 'weekend hangout' away but it...
Hey Lovelies I know as the new year came, a lot of people have made plans to embrace new challenges; to find ways to get a better turnout a...
Hey y'all Here's Bruno Mars' new video for "It will rain" As always, EnjoY This boy sha with all ...
Hey lovelies Angelina and Brad wore these matching tuxedos on the red carpet for the just concluded *BAFTA awards that held last night in ...
Hello blogville! Enjoying your summer holiday? Cos I am :) With my previous post, I'm sure you would have received a little hint...
Hey lovelies Water is nature's (natural) refreshing tonic. If you have not been capitalizing on water's refreshing quality in this ...
Ok guys I'm sure most of you have seen this video already but I just had this question in my mind while I was watching it again so I...
Hey lovelies So I went to Nigeria for my brother's wedding and to tell you the truth, every body I know was either married, getting ma...
A writer's spirit
Add this to your site
!INSPIRING YOU! 'Happy' #ArtistsILove #TheEasyWayToKeepingFit 14 for 14 challenge 15 for 15 challenge Africa African Around The Web artists Beauty BLOG Blog awards Blogging Tips Books CAREER TALKS choices comic relief Dance Dear JB Empowering You entertainment Fashion and style Featured Fiction food fun Gender Giveaway Hair talks Health corner Health talks Healthy eating Healthy hair Healthy living Introducing Janylbenyl Love & Life Motivation movies music Natural hair Newsworthy Nigeria Nollywood Noteworthy NYSC poetry Randoms short stories Storytime tags The world through my lens Travel Travelling Trip Diaries trips updates Video of the week videos Writers You Should Know
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License. Copyright: Janyl Benyl
Most of the images used on this blog are directly from 'google images' except otherwise stated. I try my best to accord the credits to the direct sources when I can. When I use my personal pictures, I label them accordingly. Please notify me if you ever have an issue about any photo being used here. Thank you!