Did I say HAPPY NEW YEAR to you dear lovelies already? I feel like saying it every split second :)
I didn't want to do it again this year, but I think I still have some work to do.
I had some deep thoughts, I decided to hop on it again.
Here are some of the interesting ones:
1. This year I was tempted to want to say that I will relax with trying to know God more because last year was one very eventful year. At some point, I felt like I was making a big mistake by trying to go really close to God because of the amount of hurdles I had to deal with. Then I reassured myself that the reason I'm going through all of that is simply because I am getting there and that is why it seems more difficult by the day. Until I get there, I will not relent, because I know that when I eventually do, all these will make sense. Actually, I feel like the obstacles are just there to prevent me from reaching that realm where I can know God so much that nothing can get to me anymore.
2. I need to work on learning to forgive people more easily.
I can be a bad introvert and believe me when I say when people hurt me, it hurts. I don't have a lot of friends, most of the times, I prefer to keep to myself. When I call someone a friend, it means that I believe in them so much that it virtually breaks me when they hurt me, especially, when they do not attempt to show any signs of remorse about it. As if God knows this is my weak point, let's just say, I have had to deal with a lot of hurt that sometimes I wonder why I still have to bother. Like seriously, I'm not kidding. However, there is something I also learnt to do which I believe is actually a weakness and not a strength and that is perfecting the skills of suppressing them right in my subconscious. I am very good at ignoring people.
Pheww! I can't believe I just shared that. Anyway, this year I made a decision to deal with it.
Big warning though, everyone, please, don't bring the tests.
3. I want to up my 'touring the world' game. As a matter of fact, I should add a feature here and post some photos sometimes. What do you think?
4. It is still a year for self discovery and development.
Will I ever be done? I guess it's a life long journey 'cause when I feel like I'm almost done, the new discoveries expose me to even more yearnings and unresolved notes.
5. Finally, there is a fear I need to face head on this year, but that bit is a surprise for you all. When I think I'm ready to let the cat out of the bag, I will tell you all.
Remind me later in the year if I never make any mention of this special no 5. It is a big challenge for me and I need you to remind me to get it out of the way :)
Anyhoo, that's mine so far. Has anyone else made new year resolutions this year?
What would you be doing differently?
Let's hear, if it's not too personal :)